Commercial disclaimer: The presence of these links in no way shows any endorsement by the webmaster or the Charlotte Woodworkers Association. They are provided solely for the convenience of our WEB Site visitors.
- The Woodworking Shop – Klingspor Abrasive’s retail site. Klingspor has retail stores in Hickory, Raleigh, and Winston-Salem, North Carolina
The Woodworking Source – The Woodworking Source in Mooresville, NC is proud to support The Charlotte Woodworkers Association.
- Woodcraft – A woodworkers supply store. In Charlotte, the Woodcraft store at Windsor Square supports our association
IRWIN – Irwin Tools manufactures and distributes professional grade hand tools and power tool accessories.
Direct Tools Factory Outlet – New, blemished and factory reconditioned products from brands such as RYOBI, STOK, and Homelite.
- Contact Information for Kyle Edwards Sawmill and Furniture Making – Please see Kyle Edwards contact information in the WOOD SUPPLY STORES section below.
FORUMS AND SITES OF INTEREST
- Lonnie Bird’s School of Fine Woodworking – Hands-on woodworking seminars and classes by Lonnie Bird on a variety of topics.
- Woodworking.com – “The web’s woodworking supersite” – An online community for woodworkers
- Allan Fisher’s “The Electronic Neanderthal” – A repository of information on the use and preservation of old and antique woodworking tools: sources of tools and materials, events, organizations, books, and places to visit, both real and virtual.
- Society of American Period Furniture Makers – A forum for the understanding, education, and appreciation of American period furniture
- Sawmill Creek Woodworker’s Forum – An online woodworking community and a great woodworking forum
- WoodCentral – Woodworking tips and forums
- Router and Woodworking Community – A free router and woodworking discussion community, join now!
- Woodworking Jobs Around the House – Woodworking information and woodworking projects
OTHER CLUBS and Schools
- Charlotte Woodturners – open to all interested woodturners regardless of experience level
- The Community Arts Project – This site was formerly the Creative Art Exchange, which was formerly the Icehouse Center for Creativity, Craft and Design ..possibly offering classes, workshops & studio time rental in woodworking and turning
- Kelly Mehler’s School of Woodworking – Kelly Mehler’s School of Woodworking
- Greenville Woodworkers Guild – A woodworkers club in Greenville, SC. Hit “Cancel” at the password prompt to access their site.
- Triangle Woodworkers – A woodworker’s club in the Raleigh, NC area
- Minnesota Woodworkers Guild – Minnesota Woodworkers Guild
- North Carolina Woodturners Association – North Carolina Woodturners Association meets at The Woodworking Shop in Hickory, NC
- Mid-West Tool Collector’s Association – The Mid-West Tool Collectors Association is well represented in North Carolina. Their meetings include quality programs, as well as providing the opportunity to buy, sell, or trade tools.
- York Woodworker’s Club – York Woodworkers Club: Advancing Woodworking in the Piedmont Since 1984
- American Woodworker – American Woodworker claims that they are “The best resource for you and your shop”.
- Fine Woodworking – Bi-monthly magazine published by Taunton Press
- Carving Magazine – Carving Magazine
- Creative Woodworks & Crafts – Creative Woodworks & Crafts Magazine Online.
- Popular Woodworking – A magazine with a mix of projects, tips, reviews and skill building techniques
- ShopNotes Magazine – Woodworking Plans, Tips, and Videos
- Wood Magazine – Wood magazine site offers useful online content as well as the opportunity to subscribe to the magazine and buy products online
- Woodsmith Magazine – Woodworking Plans, Tips, and Videos
- Woodsmith Article Index – Article list by volume. Includes volumes 1-13
- Woodworker’s Journal – Woodworker’s Journal claims to be “America’s Leading Woodworking Authority”. Their projects tend to use solid wood joinery like dovetails and mortise and tenons.
RETAIL SUPPLIES, INFORMATION AND SOFTWARE SITES
- Abrasive Belt, Abrasive Sheets, Abrasive Rolls – Klingspor’s Woodworking Shop provides abrasive belt, abrasive sheets, and abrasive rolls,floor sanding products and sanding discs at affordable prices. They specialize in Klingspor sanding products with a vast array of woodworking supplies.
- Building Online – A link to buildings and supplies
- Canadian Trade Index– An index of supplies of materials, machinery and services which includes Canadian and US suppliers
- Drill Doctor– Unique sharpening device for you drill bits
- www.get-powertools.com – This site has tool reviews and project photos
- Horton-Brasses – Manufacturer of brass and iron hardware for fine furniture and cabinetry
- HUT Woodworking Products – Pen and Pencil turning supplies
- Inside-Woodworking – Woodworking and Machinery articles
- James Roche’s page of woodworking related links
- Lie-Nielsen TOOLWORKS, Inc. – Makers of some of the finest hand tools made today
- Londonderry-Brasses – A collection of Brass Hardware
- MacRAE’S Blue Book – Directory of worldwide suppliers of materials, machinery and services, many located in the United States
- Martin Woodworking Machines Corp. – High end woodworking equipment
- Osborne Wood Products, Inc. – offers a wide variety of brackets, corbels, furniture legs, and other items in styles from simple to ornate
- Quality Carving Supplies – A source for all your wood carving needs
- Saw4Fun – Scroll Saw Patterns, Low Cost and Free downloadable Scroll Saw Patterns
- SWINGPLANS.COM – Woodworking Plans and Patterns for Porch Swings, Glider Swings and More
- The Woodworking Catalog – This site bills itself as “The web’s woodworking supersite”
- THE FURNITURE CONNOISSEUR – The Furniture Connoisseur specializes in hard to find products, unique accessories, and fine furniture.
- Tools for Working Wood – this retailer of woodworking tools offers some fine tools for sale
- Toys and Joys – A woodworkers site of home made toys and patterns
- Vintage Games Woodworking Plans – Woodworking plans for classic board games
- Wholesale Tool – A store for woodworking and metalworking tools
- Wood Toxicity – Chart from “American Woodturner”. By Bruce Taylor
- Woodworking Plan Finder – Your #1 resource for locating woodworking plans on the Web. Includes over 10,000 plans.
- Wurth Wood Group – Formerly run by the Charlotte Hardwood Center, the Wurth Wood Group are suppliers to the woodworking and cabinet industry