The CWA board believes that the major reasons the CWA has experienced significant growth in our membership during the past few years are that we have been able to offer an adequate place to meet and space for woodworking equipment.
The shop and equipment have allowed opportunities for:
- Our members to use the equipment
- Hands-on training
- One-on-one mentoring
- Sessions with Boy Scouts
- Our members to be involved in service projects for other organizations
The CWA is currently meeting, as guests, in space that is leased by the Charlotte Airport to JPM. The airport is expected to redevelop the property that we occupy, but no one knows the time-table for that to occur. So the location for the CWA in the future is in jeopardy, and we are currently searching for options for a shop and meeting place.
Additionally, there is a lot of interest in increasing what is made available to our membership by providing a more complete shop and more times the shop is open.
For the above reasons and because we feel there is interest in persons making tax-exempt donations which are beyond membership fees, the CWA board is recommending that we create a special fund.
The purposes of the fund will include financial assistance to assist in providing:
- A location for us to have our meetings and space for woodworking equipment
- Possible rent, and utilities
- Purchase and maintenance of woodworking equipment
- Other needs identified by the CWA Board and/or its membership
Donations can be:
- Cash donations
- Stocks and bonds, etc.
- Donations can be recognized in honor or memory of someone
- Donations can be made through wills, etc.
Specific efforts will be made second and fourth quarter of each year to make members aware of the fund and opportunities for giving.